- Chandrababu to visit Nellore today, to address a public meeting
- Visakhapatnam: Brahmin associations protest against Mahasena Rajesh
- Air Force plane hovers over Begumpet Airport amid tech glitch
- Cops bust fingerprint cloning racket; 2 GHMC sanitation supervisors held
- Greens gear up to roll out drive for upkeep of trees across city
- Vijayawada: Sunitha read out script of N Chandrababu Naidu, says Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy
- India to see warmer start to summer this year: IMD
- Uttam sees BRS-BJP nexus in Kaleshwaram
- PM hits out at TMC over Sandeshkhali atrocities
- Vijayawada: N Chandrababu Naidu complains to Governor against APSDRI
53 % attend Civil Services Prelims
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has conducted Civil Services Preliminary Examinations on Sunday.
Tirupati: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has conducted Civil Services Preliminary Examinations on Sunday. It was held at 10 centres in Tirupati for which 53 per cent attendance was recorded.
Out of 4,639 candidates registered for taking the examination at Tirupati, 2,501 candidates have attended the first paper held in the morning recording 53.91 per cent.
For the second paper in the afternoon 53.24 per cent (2,470) candidates have attended, said the District Collector PS Pradyumna. He said that the question papers were taken from the strong room in the presence of UPSC Joint Secretary ML Sony and Tirupati Sub-Collector Dr R Mahesh Kumar and distributed to the 10 centres amidst APSP Battalion security.
From the State Government, Secretary of Water Resources Department Sasibhushan Kumar has visited the centres as observer. Apart from Collector, Sub Collector Trainee from Vijayawada Prudhvi Tej also visited the examination centres.