- Congress will win 12-13 Lok Sabha seats in MP: Kamal Nath
- Income Tax Dept allows trusts to rectify their error over Form 10B/10BB till March 31
- Paritala Sriram expresses intention of contesting from Dharmavaram
- Some states slowing capex to maintain fiscal discipline: Bank of Baroda report
- Devineni Avinash distributes pension to 35 people through Devineni Trust
- PM launches projects worth over Rs 19K cr in Odisha
- Madurai MP calls Vastu Pooja at AIIMS site 'publicity stunt'
- Ready to fight Zuckerburg anywhere, anytime with any rules: Musk
- Nothing Unveils CMF Buds and Neckband Pro Under Rs 3,000
- RBI bars JM Financial from giving loans against shares, debentures
554.8 grams of gold seized in Visakhapatnam airport
Based on the information gathered by the officers of Air Intelligence unit, Visakhapatnam International Airport
Visakhapatnam : Based on the information gathered by the officers of Air Intelligence unit, Visakhapatnam International Airport, attempts were made by an Indian passenger to smuggle the gold in the form of paste concealed in his inner garment.
The passenger arrived at the port city from Sharjah on Saturday.
According to sources, the same person handed over another packet of gold in the form of paste to another domestic passenger on board who was flying to Visakhapatnam from Hyderabad via Air India.
The press release received from the office of the Principal Commissioner of Customs said that both of them were intercepted at customs exit on Sunday.
When subjected to thorough probing, they stated that they were not in possession of any such valuable with them and in their baggage.
However, when the officials searched them further, they admitted that they concealed gold in their inner garments.
Gold weighing 554.8 grams of gold was recovered and seized, worth approximately Rs.18 lakh from both the passengers.
Further investigation is on.