- Kandula Durgesh allotted Nidadavolu seat for polls
- Precautionary Measures And Traffic Advisory For Tractor March Near Delhi-Noida Border
- Arvind Kejriwal Skips Enforcement Directorate Summons In Money Laundering Case
- MWC 2024: Xiaomi Unveils Xiaomi 14 and Xiaomi 14 Ultra; Features, Price and Availability
- MWC 2024: Honor Unveils Porsche Edition of Magic V2 Foldable Phone
- Ambati Ramababu slams Pawan Kalyan for limiting to fewer seats for polls
- 100 per cent inter syllabus for TS EAPCET 2024
- CM Jagan to chair meeting with all 175 candidates tomorrow
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam slashes, check the rates on 26 February, 2024
- Telangana Gurukula Board releases TGT exam results
AK Jain takes charge as FOC-in-C of Eastern Naval Command
Vice-Admiral Atul Kumar Jain took over as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C), Eastern Naval Command (ENC) from Vice Admiral Karambir Singh, at a ceremonial parade held at the Naval base here on Thursday.
Visakhapatnam: Vice-Admiral Atul Kumar Jain took over as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C), Eastern Naval Command (ENC) from Vice Admiral Karambir Singh, at a ceremonial parade held at the Naval base here on Thursday.
Later, Jain inspected the ceremonial guard and reviewed platoons of naval personnel drawn from various ships and establishments of the ENC and attended by all Flag Officers and Commanding Officers of ships, submarines and establishments.Vice Admiral Karambir Singh, the outgoing FOC-in-C will assume charge as the Chief of the Naval Staff on promotion to the rank of Admiral, on May 31.
Commissioned into the Indian Navy in July 1982, A K Jain is an alumnus of Sainik School, Rewa, National Defence Academy (Pune), the Defence Services Staff College (Wellington), the College of Naval Warfare (Mumbai) and the National Defence College (Pretoria, South Africa). He is a graduate of Jawaharlal Nehru University (Delhi) and had received his Master' degree in Defence and Strategic Studies from the Madras University.
A missile specialist, the Vice-Admiral had held various operational, staff and command appointments in the course of his career spanning over 37 years.Jain has commanded INS Nirghat (Missile Boat), INS Khukri (Missile Corvette), INS Rajput (Destroyer) and the indigenously built Destroyer, INS Mysore. He also had the privilege of being the commissioning Executive Officer of INS Brahmaputra and the Fleet Operations Officer of the Eastern Fleet at Visakhapatnam.
His appointments include Director Naval Intelligence (Protocol), Director Foreign Liaison and Principal Director Staff Requirement at Integrated Headquarters, New Delhi.