- Maratha quotas given, but unrelenting Jarange-Patil to start fresh stir from Feb 24
- Servitor held in Bhubaneswar for sexually assaulting foreign tourist
- Rakul Preet Singh & Jackky Bhagnani Tie the Knot in Anand Karaj Ceremony
- TN fertiliser unit responsible for ammonia leak ready to pay Rs 5.92 cr compensation: Minister
- Delhi HC asks suspended BJP MLAs to meet Speaker as Lt Governor accepts apology
- Breakup Day 2024: Top 5 Songs to Heal Your Heart After a Failed Relationship.
- Govt plans to simplify, digitalise KYC process
- RPI South India General Secretary Ajay Prasanna announces plans to strengthen the party
- BJP plans to take PM Suryaghar scheme into public
- Gonuguntla Suryanarayana flays YSRCP govt
Andhra: Elderly couple die of heat stroke within minutes of each other
District officials have issued an advisory to people asking them not to work in the open and keep a stock of glucose packets.
East Godavari: A septuagenarian couple from Tallarevu village near Yanam town died due to heat stroke within minutes of each other, a local doctor said on Monday.
G Kamaraju, 75, and his wife, 70-year-old G Subhadrama, both working in a private school, collapsed after reaching home from work Sunday.
"The temperature in East Godavari district Sunday reached as high as 45 degree Celsius. Even as the family members were trying to shift Kamaraju to hospital, ten minutes later his wife collapsed," the doctor said.
"They were declared dead even before they were taken to hospital," a family member said, adding that the couple is survived by two sons.
District officials have issued an advisory to people asking them not to work in the open and keep a stock of glucose packets, among other things, to evade health issues caused by heat stroke.