- Indiramma housing scheme rollout on March 11
- Expert urges govts to address hearing aid affordability crisis
- Udasin Acharaya Bhagavan Srichandra temple a unique one
- 10 Unmissable Hidden Gems In The Countryside of Philadelphia
- In all-round empowerment of women lies the relevance of Viksit Bharat
- Annual day celebrated at MVGR
- Concerts you shouldn’t miss in 2024
- From Asia to Africa, India aids Global South growth
- You are not a limited edition, relive your childhood moments
Andhra Pradesh: 11 Corporations get new Mayor and Dy. Mayors, check the district wise list
The new governing bodies are being formed in corporations, municipalities across Andhra Pradesh.
The new governing bodies are being formed in corporations, municipalities across Andhra Pradesh. The new governing bodies were elected to 11 corporations and 75 municipalities after municipal department has conducted the election for the new mayors and chairpersons. However, the Corporations will have one mayor and two deputy mayors while Municipalities will have a Chairperson and two Vice-Chairpersons with the ordinance brought by the Andhra Pradesh government. However, the ordinance need to be approved by Governor Biswabhushan Harichandan.
Here are the mayors and deputy mayors of eleven Corporations
Vizianagaram Corporation: Vempadapu Vijaya Lakshmi as Mayor and Muchu Naga Lakshmi and Kolagatla Shravani are announced as Deputy Mayors
Visakhapatnam Corporations: Golagani Hari Venkata Kumari as GVMC Mayor and Giyani Sridhar as Deputy Mayor.
Vijayawada Corporation: Bhamana Bhagya Lakshmi as the Mayor of Vijayawada and Bellam Durga as deputy mayor.
Machilipatnam: Moka Venkateswaramma as the Mayor while Lanka Suri Babu and Tantepudi Kavitha as Deputy Mayors
Guntur Corporations: Manohar Naidu as Guntur mayor and Banana Balavajra Babu as deputy mayor.
Ongole Corporation: Gangada Sujatha as Mayor and Vemur Suryanarayana as Deputy Mayor.
Tirupati Corporation: Sirisha as Mayor
Chittoor Corporation: Amuda as mayor and Chandrasekhar as Deputy Mayor.
Anantapur Corporation: Wasim Saleem as Mayor and Vasanthi Sahitya as Deputy Mayor
Kadapa Corporation: Suresh Babu as Kadapa mayor
Kurnool Corporation: B.Y. Ramaiah as mayor and S Renuka as Deputy Mayor.
Elections to Eluru Corporation were held but the results were not disclosed over the High Court orders.