- Kadapa Municipal Commissioner inspects various sites in Vinayak Nagar
- Biomaterials contribute a lot to medical field: Expert
- Kesineni Chinni Promises Support for Poor and Weaker Sections in Vijayawada Parliament Constituency
- Babu Surety Bhavishyat ki guarantee program was organized today in Bapulapadu Mandal
- Prof Saraswati re-appointed to advisory group of ‘Seafood Watch’
- Eluru: UBI organises Pinkathon
- Kapu Sankshema Sena state executive member says Harirama Jogaiah party supports Jana Sena
- EC urged to act against parties trying to ‘influence’ voters
- Teachers union extend thanks to Amilineni Surendra Babu for NGO home
- TDP Chief Chandrababu Naidu Slams Jagan Reddy for Neglecting Irrigation Projects in Rayalaseema
Andhra Pradesh: Father and two children drown in Godavari river in West Godavari
Amid the death of the wife, the husband attempts suicide along with children in the Godavari river. Bodies are yet to be retrieved
The tragic incident took place in the West Godavari district where a father and two children were lost when they jumped into the Godavari at Vegeshwarapuram in the Tallapudi mandal. Police identified the missing persons as Satyanarayana, daughter Manasa and son Karthik of Guddigude, Gopalapuram mandal.
According to the details by police, Satyanarayana, who was upset with the death of his wife Pochamma three days ago, has allegedly committed suicide along with his two children, police said.
The bodies of father and child have not been found in the Godavari so far. The Sub Inspector said the search operations would be carried out with the help of fishermen.
The locals expressed their sorrow over the plight of the family. The police said the bodies would be retrieved as early as possible.