- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
Andhra Pradesh: Five dead after being hit by Konark Express train in Srikakulam
A fatal accident took place at G Sigadam in Srikakulam district where five people were killed on the spot as they fell under Konark Express.
A fatal accident took place at G Sigadam in Srikakulam district where five people were killed on the spot as they fell under Konark Express. Going into the details, the super fast train from Secunderabad to Guwahati stopped near the Cheepurupalli Batuva railway gate due to technical reasons. In this sequence some of the passengers in the General bogie of the train descended.
Meanwhile, a Konark Express train traveling from Bhubaneswar to Mumbai collided head-on with a train, killing at least five people on the spot. Several bodies were mutilated at the scene lying on the tracks.
Meanwhile, Srikakulam District Collector Srikesh Lathakar was quick to respond to the train accident between G Sigadam and Cheepurupalli. The RDO ordered the tehsildar to rush to the scene of the accident and asked to expedite the rescue operations. Also, the medical staff was alerted by the collector. An ambulance was dispatched to the scene.
Also, Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy expressed deep shock over the train accident. CMO officials were directed to ensure proper medical services to those injured in the incident. Authorities provided the CM with preliminary details of the incident.