- Rashmika Mandanna fulfills longtime dream with enchanting visit to Japan
- PM Modi to launch projects worth Rs 62,000cr in Telangana
- Retired Tamil Nadu professor to walk on foot for clean electoral system
- IIT-K chosen as nodal institute for Phase 4 of Yuva Sangam
- Shehbaz Sharif - the only Pak politician to be elected PM for second consecutive term
- KCR meets Karimnagar and Peddapalli leaders, finalises Lok Sabha candidates
- Bhatti Vikramarka lays foundation stone for BT Road in Rompimalla, emphasises on govt's initiatives
- SSC students may download Hall-tickets from Monday
- Covid virus persists in ear for a month post infection: Study
- Calcutta High Court judge Abhijit Gangopadhyay to resign
Archer Surekha wins 2 medals
Archer from the city and Arjuna award winner V Jyothi Surekha won two bronze medals in the 50th world championships held at Netherlands adding one more feather in the cap.
Vijayawada: Archer from the city and Arjuna award winner V Jyothi Surekha won two bronze medals in the 50th world championships held at Netherlands adding one more feather in the cap. V Surendra (Surekha father) on Saturday informed the media that Surekha won two bronze medals at the ongoing world championships which began on June 10 (ended on June 16).
She won bronze medal in the Individual Compound women's category by beating Yesim Bostan of Turkey in the 145-145 shoot off by shooting 10-9. She won another bronze medal in Compound women's team event along with Muskan Kirar and Raj Kaur by beating Turkey to 229-226. He further said that this is the first time that one player has won two medals in the world championships.