- India, Korea can actively contribute to reshaping global order: EAM Jaishankar
- Maulana Siddiqui delaying trial in mass conversion case, UP govt tells Supreme Court
- India story revolves around robust earnings growth: HSBC's Van Der Linde
- LS polls: Congress likely to join hands with AIADMK in Tamil Nadu
- Punjab Budget: No new taxes, silent on Rs 1,000 for women
- BSP decides contest along with BRS in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections
- Britannia Industries Limited announces a One-day Internship to raise awareness about Croissants
- Women on company boards supports good corporate governance: Moody’s
- ChatGPT Presents Read Aloud Feature for Web and Mobile Versions
- Hand over Sheikh Shahjahan to CBI today: Calcutta HC tells Bengal police
Bapatla: TDP demands compensation to damaged crops
TDP politburo member Nakka Anand Babu and other leaders inspected damaged banana, papaya, turmeric, betelnut plantations in Kolluru and Bhattiprolu mandals of Bapatla district on Tuesday and enquired about crop damage caused by strong gales during the last two days.
Bapatla(Bapatla District): TDP politburo member Nakka Anand Babu and other leaders inspected damaged banana, papaya, turmeric, betelnut plantations in Kolluru and Bhattiprolu mandals of Bapatla district on Tuesday and enquired about crop damage caused by strong gales during the last two days.
He visited Vellaturu, Chintamotu, Pedalanka, Pesarlanka, Oleru and Pedapuliparru villages in Bhattiprolu mandal and interacted with the farmers, whose banana, turmeric and papaya plantations were damaged during the last two days.
He also visited Kishindapalem, Tadikalapudi, Juvvalapalem villages of Kolluru mandal and enquired about the crop damage caused due to strong gales.
Speaking on this occasion, Nakka Anand Babu said in Bhattiprolu and Kolluru mandals of Vemuru Assembly constituency, various crops were damaged in over 2,000 acres. He demanded that the government should pay compensation of Rs 30,000 per acre to help the farmers, who incurred loss. He alleged that the YSRCP government is cheating farmers in payment of insurance also and warned that they will fight till the government pays compensation to the farmers.