- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
Botcha Satyanarayana says YSRCP will sweep civic polls
- States the party won 98.8% of unanimous elections of wards
- Parties win will be effortless and smooth in municipalities as these are party-based polls unlike panchayats
- Accuses TDP chief of making false promise of doing away with property tax though the party can’t do it even if it wins in civic bodies
Amaravati: Minister for municipal administration Botcha Satyanarayana on Thursday expressed confidence that the party will sweep the municipal elections. Addressing the media here, he said that so far 578 wards across the state have been declared unanimously and of them, YSRCP candidates won in 571, securing 98.8 per cent.
He said the municipal elections are being held in 75 municipalities and 12 corporations with a total of 2,794 wards. Unlike panchayat polls, as municipal elections are being held on party symbol, the minister said that YSRCP will sweep in a smooth way.
He said that it is natural for YSRCP to win in any of these elections, as people are very much satisfied with the good governance of Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy and trust the government. While the state government has been providing welfare schemes to all the eligible people irrespective of their caste, religion, or the party they are affiliated with, TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu utterly failed to implement even a single promise made during 2014 polls and yet trying to cheat people again with his false promises.
Satyanaranana said that TDP leaders have taken up another false propaganda against the state government alleging a hike in property tax. He said that although the TDP manifesto says it will quash the property tax in the municipalities and municipal corporations, in reality, they won't have authority over that tax even if they win elections. He clarified that there are no such things as hike or burdening people with taxes, as the government primarily focuses on public welfare.
Further, the minister stated that the TDP has no candidates to field, as their own cadres have lost faith in Chandrababu Naidu's leadership. He said that the panchayat elections have proved that YSRCP is the clear winner, with people's blessings and the successes will continue in the coming municipal polls and other elections too.