- Congress will win 12-13 Lok Sabha seats in MP: Kamal Nath
- Income Tax Dept allows trusts to rectify their error over Form 10B/10BB till March 31
- Paritala Sriram expresses intention of contesting from Dharmavaram
- Some states slowing capex to maintain fiscal discipline: Bank of Baroda report
- Devineni Avinash distributes pension to 35 people through Devineni Trust
- PM launches projects worth over Rs 19K cr in Odisha
- Madurai MP calls Vastu Pooja at AIIMS site 'publicity stunt'
- Ready to fight Zuckerburg anywhere, anytime with any rules: Musk
- Nothing Unveils CMF Buds and Neckband Pro Under Rs 3,000
- RBI bars JM Financial from giving loans against shares, debentures
Chakrasnanam performed at Vontimitta
The 11 day annual Brahmotsavam of Lord Kodanda Rama Swamy at Vontimitta concluded with Chakrasnanam at Pushkarini on Sunday.
At the crack of the dawn, the idols of Lord Rama and his consort Goddess Sita, Lakshmana Swamy, along with Tiruchi Sudarsana Chakrathalwar were taken out in a grand procession after completion of the rituals, the priests performed Snapanatirumanjanam Tirumanjanam by Chanting Purusha Suktham, Sthree Suktham, followed by Chakrasnanam.
Devotees in large numbers who had congregated at the temple tank waited patiently for the auspicious moment and took holy dip after the idol of Lord Chakrathalwar was immersed in the tank with loud slogans of 'Jai Sri Ram'.
The temple authorities deployed expert swimmers at the tank as precautionary measure.
In the evening Dwaja Avarohanam to mark conclusion of Brahmostavams.
After conclusion this ritual Vunjal Seva will be performed to the Lord.