- All efforts on to nab Arikomban, says TN CM Stalin
- Vijayan’s eagerness for K-Rail is to pocket commission: Cong
- Eye on LS polls : AIADMK survey to shortlist candidates
- Ambitious project to make Kerala capital largest solar city in India
- Bengaluru: 14-yr-old Kriti Jain’s organs breathes new life into 9 people
- Karnataka High Court stays FIR against Ashwath Narayan
- No conditions set for women’s free travel in govt buses, says Minister Ramalinga Reddy
- Textbook revision ahead to ensure students’ minds are not ‘polluted’
- Karnataka Govt enhances DA for its employees from 31% to 35%
- Mandarthi Yakshagana season 2022-23 ends on a high note
CM YS Jagan announces a special hospital to gas leak village in Visakhapatnam
Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy said that the victims of the gas leak accident in Visakhapatnam have been compensated within 10 days.
Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy said that the victims of the gas leak accident in Visakhapatnam have been compensated within 10 days. The chief minister has launched the disbursement of Rs. 10,000 compensation to the villagers of RR Venkatapuram through a Video Conference. CM Jagan has deposited money to 20 thousand affected people by just pressing a button. However, the village volunteers were ordered to go to all the houses and find out whether the money was deposited in the accounts or not.
CM Jagan appreciated everybody right from the collector, doctors to the police immediately responded to reports of the Vishaka accident. He said that we had responded in such a way that the foreign people would do. "Perhaps in the history of the country, Andhra Pradesh makes its name in providing Rs. 1 crore ex gratia to the deceased, " Jagan said. He also said that the committee has been constituted and action would be taken after a detailed report.
CM Jagan said that the YSRCP government did not give a single clearance to the LG Polymers Company which caused the accident. It is TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu who gave clearances to the company right from the time where he first became the chief minister in 1996 and till 2015. However, we didn't point out anyone and doing the job as per rule. Jagan added. Apart from giving crores to the affected areas, the victims undergoing treatment were also given money.
CM has said that many committees have been set up and will take strict action against the company as soon as their reports are received. Also, CM assured of setting up of hospital and a clinic in a gas leak affected village and promised of providing health cards.