- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
CPI criticises official apathy to farmers' issues
The CPI East Godavari unit at its meet organised on Friday on farmer’s issue criticised the official apathy and laxity on the part of officials in attending to the farmers problems.
Kakinada: The CPI East Godavari unit at its meet organised on Friday on farmer's issue criticised the official apathy and laxity on the part of officials in attending to the farmers problems. Addressing the meet, party district secretary T Madhu said that this year in the second crop Rabi the crop yield has been very good. But in getting the support price, the farmers have been facing uphill task.
The officials failed to respond to the needs of the farmers under the pretext of election code. Due of this reason, the farmers are being forced to sell their paddy at lower prices with middle men. Party leaders, artists participated.