- Is India ready to adopt the EV ecosystem?
- World Environment Day: Fashionable Choices to #BeatPlasticPollution
- Cancer Survivor's Day: How Can I become a cancer survivor
- Pawan Kalyan's 'OG' begins third schedule today
- Cancer Survivor's Day: Celebrating the Strength and Resilience of Cancer Survivors By Dr P Vijay Anand Reddy
- CM Ashok Gehlot to Launch Gas Cylinder Subsidy Yojana on Monday.
- Anasuya liplock goes viral in social media
- Union Railway Minister ordered CBI probe into Odisha Triple Train Accident
- Two dead after a TATA ACE vehicle collided with a bus at Kondareddy circle in Pileru
- Hit Gujarati horror thriller ‘Vash’ set for Hindi remake with Ajay Devgn
Giddalur: Man arrested for rape, murder of 7-yr-old girl
Disha police and Giddalur police successfully nabbed the accused of rape and murder of a seven-year-old girl at Giddalur
Giddalur: Disha police and Giddalur police successfully nabbed the accused of rape and murder of a seven-year-old girl at Giddalur.
The accused, Dudekula Siddhaiah, aged 30 years, is a native of Ambavaram village in Giddalur mandal. He works in a chicken shop in Bestavaripet and wanders around in the village after consuming alcohol. He has also a history of involvement in petty fights with the villagers and creating nuisance in the village. He got married to Hussain Bi about 4 years ago, but she left him unable to bear his torture, Disha DSP M Dhanunjayudu and Markapur DSP M Kishore Kumar informed on Tuesday.
On July 8, Siddhaiah was at his home in Ambavaram and observed a seven-year-old girl playing near his house. He called her into the house, brutally raped and strangulated her to death. Afraid of that the girl would report about the incident to others, he even bashed her head to a rock to make sure she was dead. He wrapped her body in a plastic bag and carried it on the carriage of the bicycle to avoid suspicion among locals and dumped it on the outskirts of the village.
Upon learning about the case, the DSP said that the Giddalur police sprang into action and started investigation from various angles. In view of the seriousness of the case, the authorities also advised the Disha DSP and his team to take part in the investigation.
Using various technologies and gathering information from multiple sources, the police cornered the accused and arrested him at the RTC bus station. The DSPs announcd that the accused will be produced before the court and a charge sheet will be filed soon.