- Google introduces new voices for Assistant app
- Microsoft tests dynamic lighting feature for window 11
- 44% of small businesses expect to hire fewer people due to AI: Report
- EMBIBE Launches AI-powered Lab Experiments App: A Game-Changer for Students and Schools Across India
- WTC Shamshabad, IFCCI plan meet on French mkt
- Comic Con India and Warner Bros. India host an exclusive fan-first premiere of DC’s ‘The Flash’
- Online Scam: Delhi Police arrest two Cyber Crooks
- IITR develops haemoglobin self test kit that gives result in 30 seconds
- Vijayawada: Issue of student bus passes commences
- WTC Final: India let themselves down in the first hour of Day 1, says Ricky Ponting
Govt committed to empowerment of women: Taneti Vanitha
Says the govt has even brought an Act providing 50% quota for women in nominated posts
Vijayawada: Minister for women development and child welfare Taneti Vanitha said the government is implementing various flagship programmes for the development and empowerment of women in the state.
She was replying to questions asked by the members in Legislative Council on Tuesday. Pothula Suneeta and V Kalyani asked about the steps being taken by the government for the empowerment of women and whether it is a fact that the government had provided 50 per cent reservations to the women in nominated posts. In her answer, Vanitha said the government is implementing flagship programmes like Jagananna Amma Vodi, YSR Asara, Bank linkage to Self-Help Groups, house sites for the women, YSR Sampoorna Poshana, YSR Sunna Vaddi, Jagananna Vasati Deevena, Jagananna Vidya Deevena, etc., She said the government is implementing 50 per cent reservations to women in nominated posts and made Act No. 26 of 2019 in this regard. She said the government is committed to the development and welfare of women in the state.