- I am lucky to be born as NTR’s son: Balakrishna
- Extend support to revive Urdu journalism, Shabbir pleads with Telangana government
- Hyderabad: DRDO assures all support to make India a net defence exporter
- CPI asks Bandi sanjay to control his mouth, says People will not let BJP enter Telangana
- BRS demands BJP MPs to release white paper on their contribution for Telangana development
- AP needs to adopt Telangana model for development: Thota Chandrashekar
- Hyderabad: KCR stresses need to preserve Vedic values
- Woman sets husband ablaze in Sangareddy
- Andhra Pradesh behind by 40 per cent in revenue: Chandrababu Naidu
- Vishwak Sen’s ‘Rags Look’ From His 11th Movie Is Unveiled On The Occasion Of Senior NTR’s 100th Birth Anniversary…
Guntur: Maintain clean toilets in Gurukuls, officials told
Special Secretary of Social Welfare Department Gandham Chandrudu pays surprise visit to Ambedkar Gurukulam
Guntur: In a surprise visit to Dr BR Ambedkar Gurukulam at Adavitakkalapadu in Guntur district on Thursday evening, Special Secretary of Social Welfare department Gandham Chandrudu inspected dormitories, storerooms, classrooms and playground. He directed the officials to improve the standards of maintenance of toilets. He said the department is running 191 Dr BR Ambedkar Gurukulams across the State catering quality education, best infrastructure and facilities.
Later, he joined volleyball match and played with the students.
Speaking to the students, Chandrudu said that education along with sports helps for their overall development and advised that every student shall practice at least one sport. He enquired about student entitlements under Jagannana Vidya Kanuka and implementation of diet menu to them. Later, during the evening study hours he interacted with students preparing for IIT-JEE and enquired about their preparation strategies. During the dinner time, he dined with students.
Throughout the visit, the Special Secretary tried to understand the school operations and condition of the students. He instructed the officials from time to time about the necessary actions to be taken for the improvement of standards.
Secretary of Dr BR Ambedkar Gurukulams accompanied the Special Secretary during the visit.