- Heart attacks associated with faster cognitive decline over years: Study
- Khap Delegation To Meet With President Murmu To Demand Justice For The Protesting Wrestlers
- Rajini’s Jailer wraps up its shoot
- ChatGPT maker OpenAI nears record 1bn unique users monthly: Report
- Rajnikanth to lock horns with Arjun Sarja in Lokesh Kangaraj’s film
- ‘Nikhil 20’ next gets a powerful title
- Nikhil's Latest Movie Swayambhu First Look Out
- Franco Mulakkal Resigns As Jalandhar Bishop
- Telangana Formation Day: TSRTC announces DA to employees, to disburse with June salary
- YS Viveka murder case: YS Bhaskar Reddy moves CBI court for bail
Guntur: Saturday to be observed as Sports Day in schools
Zilla Parishad chairperson Kathera Henry Christina assured that she will extend her support and cooperation for the development of sports in ZP schools across the district.
Guntur: Zilla Parishad chairperson Kathera Henry Christina assured that she will extend her support and cooperation for the development of sports in ZP schools across the district. She said Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is giving top priority to sports and added that she will take steps to encourage players and to provide infrastructure at the stadia and mini stadia.
She further said that as part of developing sports, they have decided to observe every Saturday as Sports Day in schools and assured that she will take steps to bring innate talent in the students by conducting sports meets.
Along with MLC Lella Appi Reddy, the ZP chairperson on Sunday met the representatives of sports associations, GMC
physical education director and physical education teachers at Lella Appi Reddy at the camp office in Guntur city.
MLC Lella Appi Reddy assured that he will solve the problems of players and stressed on the need to develop infrastructure at stadia for the development of sports. He said that he will try to get good atmosphere at NTR Municipal Corporation and BR Stadium in Guntur city. He recalled that MLA Mustafa did his best for the development of BR Stadium in Guntur city. He stressed on the need to bring past glory to the sports in Guntur district. The MLC recalled that YSRCP government is filling 2 percent of the government jobs under sports quota to encourage talented players.
MLA Mustafa said that sports associations should work above politics and assured that he will work for the development of BR Stadium in Guntur city.