- Ishan Kishan makes an unremarkable return to competitive cricket in DY Patil T20 Cup
- Hindu vote becomes a factor in US elections
- Jarange-Patil's fall from grace: Maha SIT to probe 7-month Maratha agitation
- PVL Season 3: Karnataka's Ashamat Ullah, a runaway finding home with volleyball
- 'K’taka Cong spent Rs 100 on publicity', LoP Ashoka slams state govt over conference on Constituion
- IND v ENG: McCullum pleads for more games for Bashir, Hartley with County Clubs
- Chandini Chowdary’sfirst look of cop drama-thriller ‘Yevam’ unveiled
- Tamil Nadu has given me unconditional love: PM Modi
- Healthtech startup Zeno Health raises $25 mnc
- Ex-SC Judge Justice AM Khanwilkar Appointed As Lokpal Chairperson
GVL vows welfare of physically-challenged
Visakhapatnam: Rajya Sabha member GVL Narasimha Rao assured that he will strive hard for the welfare of the disabled and help them excel in various...
Visakhapatnam: Rajya Sabha member GVL Narasimha Rao assured that he will strive hard for the welfare of the disabled and help them excel in various fields.
A workshop organised to identify physically-challenged persons, who need aids and devices, on Thursday at new Gajuwaka High School grounds.
Attending as chief guest, he said the Central government would provide a number of facilities to the physically-challenged and implement several welfare programmes for them.
The MP said that the Union government is providing free devices, disability support pension, financial assistance for the establishment of various businesses.
He stated that it has come to his attention that many have faced difficulties in getting identity cards and he would bring the issue to the notice of District Collector A Mallikarjuna. MLA Tippala Nagireddy, Gajuwaka BJP convener Karanamreddy Narasinga Rao, zonal commissioner K Simhachalam, corporators Tippala Vamsi Reddy and Palla Srinivas participated in the programme.