- Boosting Traffic & Sales: Why Invest in an Indian SEO Expert for Your Business
- Beat the summer heat with saffron tips for healthy and glowing skin
- Amazon India offers opportunities for women to work in Night Shifts in Haryana
- What can India learn from Sweden’s pragmatic tobacco control policy?
- Leap Day 2024: Interesting facts, history, and significance of February 29
- Samsung Announces New Memory Variant of Galaxy A15 5G at INR 17999
- Immunity-boosting foods for a healthy life
- Celebrating Leap Day 2024: Wishes and Messages for Leaplings
- Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi eyes 27 Maha LS seats, wants to put up Jarange-Patil
- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
Ilapuram Raja is another Information Commissioner
Ilapuram Raja, President, Vijayawada Hotel owners Association, is appointed as State Information Commissioner in the office of AP Information Commission.
Amaravati: Ilapuram Raja, President, Vijayawada Hotel owners Association, is appointed as State Information Commissioner in the office of AP Information Commission. The sources in the secretariat informed that the Governor ESL Narasimhan has reportedly gave approval for appointing Raja as Commissioner on Tuesday and the file reached to Secretariat. The Chief Secretary LV Subrahmanyam likely to give the orders shortly.
Earlier, Raja served as a Member of Central Board of Film Certification and Member of Food Corporation of India. He is actively involved in the development of BC Ikya Vedika, a social organization working for the overall development of BCs and other Weaker Sections of the society. His father Ilapuram Venkaiah served as MLC.
It is worth to mention here that, the state government already appointed three persons as State Information Commissioners including M Ravi Kumar (retired IFS), BV Ramana Kumar (Retired IPS) and Katta Janardhana Rao, advocate and TDP leader in the month of October in 2018.
The Election Commission of India also gave approval for the appointment of Raja, who is going to be the fourth one as Commissioner in the office.
At the same time, the office of Governor withheld the proposal of Sriram Murthy, an NGO and social activist from Visakhapatnam. According to the sources, the Governor asked to submit further details related to his profession.
Retired IFS official M. Ravi Kumar, another retired IPS official B.V. Ramana Kumar and TDP leader and Advocate Katta Janardhana Rao, are appointed as Commissioners under Right to Information Act, in the month of October, 2018.