- Mayawati demands caste census in UP ‘without delay’
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8K restaurant owners
- People return to Bengaluru from long weekend: full traffic jam in the city
- RSS man heading Congress in Telangana: KTR
- ‘Jitni abadi, utna haq’: It will eventually culminate into majoritarianism, says Singhvi
- Following are foreign exchange rates on october-03-2023
- Asian Games: Atanu, Dhiraj lose in shoot-offs in recurve archery quarterfinals
- Live Update: PM Modi to arrive soon to Nizamabad
- Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale: Buy iPhone 12 for Rs 32,999
- Close shave for passengers as bus hangs on bridge over Mahanadi
Jana Sena MLA Rapaka Vara Prasad Rao backs Jagan's decision on Council abolition
Jana Sena MLA Rappaka Vara Prasad Rao said he fully supports the resolution proposed by Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy to abolish the legislative council.
Jana Sena MLA Rappaka Vara Prasad Rao said he fully supports the resolution proposed by Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy to abolish the legislative council. Rapaka Varaprasad spoke as part of the Assembly's debate on the abolition of the legislative council. He said that while there are intellectuals, doctors and IPS officers in the Assembly, what is the need of the upper house.
He alleged Chandrababu Naidu, who claims to be a 40-year-old politician of influencing Sharif, the chairman of the council in sending the three capital bills to select committee. "It is unfortunate that the council rejecting the bill approved by 154 legislators," Rapaka asserted.
On the other hand, chief minister Jagan Mohan Reddy is addressing the house on the bill. He alleged Chandrababu for his double standards.