- Real Madrid signs Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund for over 100 million euros
- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
Kadapa: DAAC to prepare report on crop yield in horticulture plants
District Agriculture Advisory Council (DAAC) meeting chaired by Collector V Vijaya Rama Raju has decided to prepare a comprehensive report over crop yielding in horticulture cultivation in the district.
Kadapa: District Agriculture Advisory Council (DAAC) meeting chaired by Collector V Vijaya Rama Raju has decided to prepare a comprehensive report over crop yielding in horticulture cultivation in the district. The meeting also wanted to specify the percentage of yielding related to different horticulture crops at district, state, national level.
Speaking on the occasion, State Agriculture Advisory Council(SAAC) member Ambati Krishna Reddy said there was tremendous response from the farmers over cultivating horticulture crops as they are getting bumper yield in the crops such as mango, sweet lemon, banana, acid lemon compared to traditional crops. To encourage farmers, the government was providing subsidies in horticulture cultivation, he pointed out.
District Collector V Vijaya Rama Raju said that it is high time for farmers to cultivate horticulture crops as government has established experiment centres related to horticulture cultivation by deploying scientists in big numbers. Describing establishment of RBKs as revolutionary step, he directed the officials to create awareness among the farmers on availing all kinds of farm facilities.