- Muktikanta to sit on strike seeking early completion of bridge
- Hyderabad: State gears up for Election Commission team visit
- AP govt. suspends Naidu's personal secretary Pendyala Srinivas
- Augmented Reality Zone inaugurated in Dhenkanal
- Pained to see politicisation of sensitive cases: Naveen
- Odisha braces for heavy rainfall
- Hyderabad: BJP flays MIM attack on Karimnagar MP’s office
- Hyderabad: ‘Op Akarsh’: BRS readying to poach key Cong leaders
- Lifestyle, food habits key to protect heart: Collector AS Dinesh Kumar
- Vijayawada rly division launches online employee ID card services
Kanna Lakshminarayana slams power cuts, tariff hike
- Says Jagan has cheated farmers by not keeping his promise of 9-yr power
- Criticises that power tariff has been increased 8 times in the last four years
Narasaraopet: TDP Sattenapalli Assembly constituency in-charge Kanna Lakshminarayana criticised that Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy for increasing power tariff eight times during the last four years. He said the government is not in a position to supply uninterrupted power in summer and imposed power cuts.
Addressing the media in Sattenapalli on Saturday, he recalled that Jagan Mohan Reddy had promised nine-hours power supply to the agriculture but cheated the farmers. He reminded that the TDP government did not increase power tariff and supplied uninterrupted power in summer too during its tenure.
He alleged irregularities in purchasing smart meters and warned of taking up agitation on power cuts and high tariffs soon.Meanwhile, former minister and TDP state vice-president Prattipati Pulla Rao speaking to media at Chilakaluripet alleged that the government purchased inferior quality electrical equipment from Shirdi Sai Electricals and committed irregularities. He warned that the voters will teach a lesson to the corrupt YSRCP government in the coming elections.