- Complaint Filed Against Arvind Kejriwal, Kharge, And Others Political Leaders For Giving Remark On President Murmu's Caste
- Fire breaks out in wedding pandal amid fireworks in Alluri Sitaramaraju district, no casualties
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 28 May 2023
- Andhra Pradesh: Tipper lorry and oil tanker collides head-on in Kakinada, no casualties
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 28 May 2023
- Inauguration Of New Parliament Building Marked With Prayers From Many Faiths
- Why Pakistan's military establishment turned against its blue-eyed boy
- 'Self-glorifying authoritarian PM' says Congress on new Parlaiment inauguration
- PM Modi inaugurates new Parliament House
- Gold and silver rates today slashes in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 28 May 2023
Legal services to get boost in backward Seema: Lokayukta
- Justice P Lakshman Reddy inaugurates the Lokayukta office at state guest house in Kurnool
- Says the office will render justice to every citizen and will take errant officials to task
Kurnool: Lokayukta Justice P Lakshman Reddy appealed to the people of this region to utilise the services of Lokayukta. It is very auspicious occasion to start Lokayukta office here in Kurnool, he said. Speaking to media at the state guest here on Saturday, Justice P Lakshman Reddy said that the state government has passed a resolution in the Cabinet to set up Lokayutka office here in Kurnool. He said Rayalaseema was a backward region and people do not have much knowledge on Lokayukta. Now a wide publicity could be given about the Lokayukta and its services so that the people could know the importance of it, said Justice Lakshman Reddy.
He further said Lokayukta was set up to render justice to every citizen and will see that the officials concerned were taken to task. People from faraway places need not come to the office, he said and added they can send their problems through post. If anyone wants to complain directly then they can come to the office without any hesitation. The mobile number of Lokayukta office was available on the website. The staff of the Lokayukta would attend every call and in turn would provide the required information, stated Justice P Lakshman Reddy.
He also stated that people can also resolve their problems at the village secretariat. If the staff at secretariat does not respond or involve in any corruption, then the people can lodge complaints with the Lokayukta. Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has introduced several welfare schemes that need to be enjoyed by the genuine beneficiaries, he stated. The staff at the secretariat should display the names of beneficiaries in the notice board, said Justice P Lakshman Reddy.
He said that people, due to lack of awareness on laws and acts, were unable to utilise the legal services in a proper manner. The people of the coastal region were more effectively utilising the services of Lokayukta. He appealed to people of this region to bring to their notice about their problems.
The justice was accompanied by Collector P Koteshwara Rao, Lokayutka registrar Vijaya Lakshmi, Superintendent of Police Ch Sudheer Kumar Reddy, Joint Collectors Rama Sunder Reddy, M V K Srinivasulu and others inaugurated the Lokayukta office at room no.3 in state guest house. Andhra Pradesh Lokayukta organization secretary Amarender Reddy, Deputy Registrar Polaiah, District Revenue Officer Pullahah, Revenue Divisional Officer Hari Prasad, Asistant Commissioner of Endowments department Adiseshu Naidu and others participated in the inaugural ceremony of Lokayukta office.