- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
Lord Malayappa rides on Hanumantha Vahanam, Swarna Ratham in Tirupati
On the sixth day of Srivari Brahmotsavams on Saturday, Lord Malayappa was taken out in a procession on Hanumantha Vahanam and Swarna Ratham at Tirumala.
Tirupati: On the sixth day of Srivari Brahmotsavams on Saturday, Lord Malayappa was taken out in a procession on Hanumantha Vahanam and Swarna Ratham at Tirumala.
Sri Malayappa Swamy in the guise of Sri Ramachandramurthy adorned with rare and dazzling ornaments, mounted on the tastefully decorated Hanuma Vahanam and feasted the eyes of the devotees who gathered in large numbers to have a glimpse of the Lord.
The devotees in ecstasy chanted Jai Hanuman, Jai Sri Ram and Govinda Govinda while the processional deity was swiftly moving atop the Vahanam on the four Mada streets encircling the shrine.
Among all the carriers Hanumantha Vahana occupies a significant place of a Lord being carried by another Lord. It is only Hanuman who owns the privilege of being worshipped as one of the most prominent Hindu deities.
Hanuman eulogized by devout Vaishnavites as `Siriya Thiruvadi is an embodiment of devotion and a perfect example for the concept of 'Saranagata Prapatti - total surrender to His Master' is clearly depicted in Hanumantha Vahana Seva during the ongoing annual Brahmotsavams at Tirumala.
The Hanuman Veshadharis exhibited by different dance troupes in front of Vahanam added flavour to the Vahana Seva. The devotees sitting in galleries enjoyed the colourful performances along with Vahana Sevas.
Later in the afternoon, the Lord was taken out in a procession on Swarna Ratham on the four Mada streets. The devotees were mused by the dazzling beauty of Sri Malayappa Swamy along with Sridevi and Bhudevi on the shining Swarnaratham (golden chariot) on Saturday.
The mammoth 32-feet tall golden chariot weighing around 29 tonnes was pulled swiftly along four Mada streets by pilgrims chanting Govinda... Govinda... with religious ecstasy.
Tens of thousands of pilgrims converged to witness the celestial fete that took place between 4 pm and 5 pm on Saturday. TTD Chairman Y V Subba Reddy, Chief Secretary L V Subrahmanyam, Addl EO A V Dharma Reddy, CVSO Gopinath Jatti, Temple DyEO Haridranath and others took part.