- B’chalam MLA meets CM amid speculation of joining Congress
- Oh sarkari babus! Krishna Mandir continues to weather many a storm
- ISRO chief Somanath to get Pinnamaneni Award
- MLA Balineni takes part in ‘Volunteerlaku Vandanam’
- MS Murthy’s art exhibition inaugurated
- Former JSP leader Srinivas joins BJP
- Hari Narayana statue unveiled
- BC Welfare Minister vows to solve public problems
- Institutional collaboration helps in effective knowledge sharing
- Amara Hospital celebrates 3rd anniversary
MK Meena appointed as new CEO of AP
A senior IAS officer Mukesh Kumar Meena has been appointed as the new Chief Electoral Officer of Andhra Pradesh.
Vijayawada: A senior IAS officer Mukesh Kumar Meena has been appointed as the new Chief Electoral Officer of Andhra Pradesh. In a communication to Chief Secretary Sameer Sharma, the Election Commission of India (ECI) informed that Mukesh Kumar Meena would take charge as the CEO, replacing K Vijayanand, who will now return to the State service.
A 1998 batch IAS officer, Meena is currently looking after Commercial Taxes as a Secretary to the government in the Finance Department. He is also holding the full additional charge of the post of Secretary, Food Processing.
The ECI has directed Meena to take charge as the CEO immediately.
"Meena shall cease to hold and hand over forthwith the charge of all or any charges of work under the Government of Andhra Pradesh, which he may be holding before such assumption of office," the Election Commission said in the notification.