- Vijayawada: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy enhanced purchasing power of common people says Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy
- PM to roll out projects worth Rs 48K crore in Gujarat today
- PM to dedicate 2 N-plants to nation
- Tirupati: Work hard for TDP victory, Bhuvaneswari tells cadres
- BRS, BJP ignored Telangana: CM
- Visakhapatnam: ‘Raja Shyamala Yagam' becomes a sentiment for political leaders
- Farmer dies as massive violence erupts in Haryana
- Eluru: Youth told to enhance skills, seize opportunities
- Rajamahendravaram: Officials review progress of voter enrollments, corrections
- MyVoice: Views of our readers 22nd February 2024
Model police station coming up at Mopidevi
- Krishna District SP Siddharth Kaushal and Avanigadda MLA Simhadri Ramesh lay stone for the model police station
- The two-floor 2,000 sq ft model police station is being constructed at a cost of Rs 1.4 crore
- The construction will be completed in six months, says MLA Simhadri Ramesh
Mopidevi (Krishna): Superintendent of Police Siddharth Kaushal along with Avanigadda MLA Simhadri Ramesh laid the foundation stone for a model police station for the Mopidevi mandal here on Wednesday.
Half of the villages in Mopidevi mandal are attached to Challapalli police station and the other half of the villages are with Avanigadda police station. People have to travel a lot of distance to lodge a complaint with the police on any issue. Now with the police station coming up at the mandal headquarters, it would be convenient for the people of the mandal.
Later, addressing the media at the police outpost, the SP said that the police services have been made available to the people of the mandal from the outpost from Wednesday. Once the construction of the model police station was completed, the police would work from there.
MLA Simhadri Ramesh said that the construction of the police station would be completed in six months. He thanked the SP for his efforts to bring the police station to the mandal.
The two-floor 2,000 sqft model police station, which would be constructed at a cost of Rs 1.4 crore, would house SHO room, control room, writer room, staff room and custody room and reception on the ground floor and rest rooms, counseling room, men barrack, women barrack, property and record room would be on the first floor. The AP Police Housing Corporation would construct the building.