- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
Naidu condemns EC action to favour YSRCP
Condemning the Election Commission of India for considering only YSRCP requests and conveniently ignoring the TDP demands for repolling at various polling booths across the state, the party president N Chandrababu Naidu observed that this act proved biased nature of the institution once again, on Thursday.
Amaravati: Condemning the Election Commission of India for considering only YSRCP requests and conveniently ignoring the TDP demands for repolling at various polling booths across the state, the party president N Chandrababu Naidu observed that this act proved biased nature of the institution once again, on Thursday.
TDP has been claiming that the five polling booths in Chandragiri polling station, where the reelections to be held on May 19 are strong hold of TDP hence the YSRCP leaders demanded repolling.
It is disturbing to see prompt action by the ECI on the complaint of YSRCP, while conveniently ignoring the complaints of TDP, Naidu stated.
On the other hand, the TDP leaders including Minister Nakka Anandababu, MLA Tenali Sravan Kumar, MLCs Dokka Manikya Vara Prasad, P Ashok Babu and party spokesperson Lanka Dinakar have submitted another representation to office of Chief Electoral Officer demanding to conduct repolling in the state at various Assembly and Parliament Constituencies. In fact, the TDP has been submitting representations from April 11 onwards, but there was no action on any complaint of the party by the ECI till date.
The TDP demanded to conduct repolling at Polling booth (PB) numbers 214 and 215 of Uppalapadu in Narasaraopet Assembly Constituency, PB 78, 240, 131 and 132 of Rajampeta AC where YSRCP persons created panic situation threatened BC and SC voters, PBs 21,244 at Kodur AC, PBs 80 and 81 at Satyavedu AC, PBs 287 and 288 at Jammalamadugu AC, PBs 160, 161 and 162 at Inimetla in Sattenapalli AC, PBs 310, 311 and 323 of Chandragiri AC. At the above said all the polling stations, the YSRCP persons beaten up the TDP Agents and expelled from polling booths, thereafter the YSRCP persons rigged the booths, the TDP claimed in its complaint.