- Not against minorities, Cong govt adopting delay tactics: K'taka BJP
- Chief Selector Ajit Agarkar was furious with Shreyas Iyer for being at KKR Academy, claims report
- LS polls: Assam govt requests EC to schedule voting before Bihu
- Elevate your style with Tiger Shroff's wardrobe essentials
- Almonds proven to reduce muscle soreness and improve performance: Study
- Why Janhvi Kapoor is the Breakout Star You Need to Watch in 2024
- A global music odyssey for Indian travelers
- After Gautam Gambhir, Jayant Sinha announced not to contest the elections
- Veterinary student's death: Kerala Guv suspends V-C for dereliction of duty
- Have called Google for meeting next week: IT Minister on Play Store row
New Dist Collector takes charge
Tirupati: "It is the blessings of Lord Venkateswara that saw me get a chance for third time to work in Chittoor district," observed newly appointed District Collector Dr Narayana Bharath Gupta.
"First, I worked as Madanapalle Sub-Collector and secondly District Joint Collector," he said, adding that his previous experience in the district will help him in rendering better service to the people.
The Collector said he has more attachment with the district as it was here his daughter was born and his sister got married. He took charge on Thursday night in Chittoor.
Gupta said he took charge early as he wants to make success of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Tirupati on June 9. Regarding his priorities, the Collector said that he would implement Navaratnalu (nine welfare schemes) effectively.
"As per the instructions of Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, I will strive to develop the district as a role model in the State," he mentioned. Earlier, responding to the Revenue Association leaders, who met him in Tirupati Sub-Collector's office here immediately after he reached, he assured to solve all their issues through the Joint Collector, who is concerned with revenue affairs in the district.
Joint Collector Girisha, Sub-Collectors Mahesh Kumar and Keerthi Chekuri were among those, who met the new Collector to welcome him. BJP State secretary G Bhanu Prakash Reddy and others made a courtesy call on new Collector.
Later, the Collector made a courtesy call on TTD Executive Officer Anil Kumar Singhal. He also met SPG officials in Tirumala, who were already camping there to oversee the security arrangements for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit.