- Boosting Traffic & Sales: Why Invest in an Indian SEO Expert for Your Business
- Beat the summer heat with saffron tips for healthy and glowing skin
- Amazon India offers opportunities for women to work in Night Shifts in Haryana
- What can India learn from Sweden’s pragmatic tobacco control policy?
- Leap Day 2024: Interesting facts, history, and significance of February 29
- Samsung Announces New Memory Variant of Galaxy A15 5G at INR 17999
- Immunity-boosting foods for a healthy life
- Celebrating Leap Day 2024: Wishes and Messages for Leaplings
- Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi eyes 27 Maha LS seats, wants to put up Jarange-Patil
- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
Parents urged to encourage kids in sports: Joint Collector
Joint Collector M Venugopala Reddy called upon parents to encourage their children in sports apart from academics.
Eluru: Joint Collector M Venugopala Reddy called upon parents to encourage their children in sports apart from academics. He inaugurated district-level shuttle badminton selection championship competitions at Showripuram here on Friday. Speaking on the occasion, he appealed to students to excel in sports at state, national and international levels for which the government has been allocating funds.
He patted some private sports bodies which have been helping students grow into champions by extending free training. The service of these sports associations need to be appreciated, he said. The JC assured all necessary help for the growth of sports in the district.
District Badminton Association president Ch Subbarao urged the government to build indoor stadiums to encourage badminton players whose number increasing steadily, thanks to the success stories of sportspersons like Pullela Gopichand, Saina Nehwal and PV Sindhu.