- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
Pro tem speaker post a great honour to me: Sambangi
Vizianagaram: Sambangi Venkata China Appala Naidu, who won from Bobbili Assembly Constituency is honoured by chairing as pro tem speaker of AP Legislative Assembly.
He has administered the oath of 175 legislatures. Of course, this post is only for one-day but it is a great honour and regard to conduct the swearing-in ceremony of every MLA including the Chief Minister and Opposition Leader in the House.
Appala Naidu belongs to Koppala Velama community (BC) of Pakki village in Bobbili mandal. He became sarpanch to the village in 1976 and later, he joined TDP following the call given by former Chief Minister N T Rama Rao and became MLA in 1983 by winning over Vasireddi Krishna Murthy Naidu, a senior leader of Congress and minister of minor irrigation in those days.
Later, in 1994, Appala Naidu won over then minister P Jaganmohan Rao of Congress and he was appointed whip of AP government in 1995. Recently, he won over RVSK Ranga Rao, a Minister in TDP Cabinet.
Ranga Rao hails from royal family of Bobbili Samsthanam. Appala Naidu won over Sujay by 8,346 votes majority.
Interestingly, he became MLA for three times and all the three times he won over the ministers. Previously P Sambasivaraju of Congress and P Narayana Swamy Naidu and Kolla Appalanaidu of TDP were designated as pro tem speakers of this district.
Speaking on this honour, Appala Naidu stated, "This is a great honour to me to become a pro tem speaker. It's a wonderful opportunity for me to administer the swearing-in ceremony of all MLAs. I am proud to become a pro tem speaker and thankful to Chief Minister Y S Jaganmohan Reddy for choosing me."