- TSBIE grants 5-min grace period for IPE-2024 students
- Veterans and dependents to get cashless treatment
- Guntur: N Chandrababu Naidu public meeting at Dachepalli today
- National meet on Phule’s Vision
- Chandrababu to visit Nellore today, to address a public meeting
- Visakhapatnam: Brahmin associations protest against Mahasena Rajesh
- Air Force plane hovers over Begumpet Airport amid tech glitch
- Cops bust fingerprint cloning racket; 2 GHMC sanitation supervisors held
- Greens gear up to roll out drive for upkeep of trees across city
- Vijayawada: Sunitha read out script of N Chandrababu Naidu, says Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy
Rainbow walk to create awareness on LGBTQIA
As part of the LGBTQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual) pride month, Junior Chamber International (JCI) Vizag Achievers concluded a two-day programme with a ‘rainbow’ walk on Sunday near Jail Road.
Visakhapatnam: As part of the LGBTQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual) pride month, Junior Chamber International (JCI) Vizag Achievers concluded a two-day programme with a 'rainbow' walk on Sunday near Jail Road.
Among other events, a panel discussion with experts and presentation to create awareness on the community were held. Human Rights Forum, AP State secretary K Sudha and Karate and kick boxing champion Bhupathiraju Anmish Varma participated as special guests.
According to JCI Vizag Achievers president Sheetal Madan, the LGBTQIA needs to be accepted and hence the organisation intends to create awareness on the community through such programmes in future as well. Along with the community members, JCI members, including Jyothsna and Swetha took part in the rainbow walk.