- Shobhayatra of Khairatabad Ganesh to start 7 am
- ICC WC 2023: Pakistan team reaches Hyderabad
- Hyderabad metro to run till midnight on occasion of Ganesh immersions
- 3rd ODI: Fifties from top four batters, Maxwell’s career-best four-fer propel Australia to consolation win
- Chandrababu must be punished in Skill Development Scam case: KA Paul
- Assam makes digital attendance of students & teachers mandatory in govt schools
- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
Rajamahendravaram: Floodwater in Godavari recedes
- However, 176 island villages in EG district are still in floodwater
- No power supply in the marooned villages for the last 10 days
Rajamahendravaram: The flood in River Godavari is receding from Sunday morning as the inflows from its upstream were reduced and second warning at Bhadrachalam was withdrawn.
But, second warning at Sir Arthur Cotton Barrage is continuing and will be withdrawn. As many as 18 lakh cusecs of floodwater was discharged into the sea from the barrage and the water level at the barrage stood at 17 feet.
Meanwhile, as many as 176 island villages in the district mainly in Konaseema area and tribal habitations in Devipatnam are still in floodwater.
The people in many villages in Chintoor, Kunavaram and Etapaka mandals are also in floodwater and it will take three more days to come to normal stage.
Because of floodwater, there is no power supply in marooned Lanka villages since 10 days.