- PM Modi slams Rahul for his 'drunkard youth remark'
- Magha Purnima 2024: When and How to Celebrate the Full Moon Festival
- Progressive organic farmer earns rs 30 lakh annually
- MP Sumalatha faced life threats for raising voice against illegal mining
- Supreme Court fixes Mar 11 for hearing on Abbas Ansari's bail plea in arms licence case
- Mrunal Thakur Rocks All Black in Glittering Rs 88k Ensemble
- One dead, two missing as fishing boat hits cargo ship in Vietnam
- Bangladesh plans to produce FMD vaccine for livestock
- Esri India, CKS to train 5 lakh students in geospatial tech skills in 5 yrs
- Lok Sabha elections dates are likely to be announced after March 13
Rajiv Gandhi remembered on his death anniversary
The Prakasam district congress committee paid rich tributes to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi by garlanding his portrait at the DCC office here on Tuesday.
Ongole: The Prakasam district congress committee paid rich tributes to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi by garlanding his portrait at the DCC office here on Tuesday. DCC president Eda Sudhakar Reddy speaking on the occasion said that Rajiv Gandhi put many efforts to develop the country and sacrificed his life in the fight against terrorism.
He said that Rajiv Gandhi dreamed of developing the villages to boost the development of the country and introduced radical reforms in the panchayat raj system to fund the panchayat directly. Sudhakar said that the former Prime Minister was the man behind the entry of computers, internet, and mobile phones into the country and generate crores of jobs to the youth.
He said that it was a moment of pride to be in the same party that once served by the visionary leader Rajiv Gandhi and promised to work for the fulfilment of his ideology. Ongole town president Sripati Prakasam, PCC secretaries Yadala Rajasekhar, Gade Lakshmareddy, Sevadal Subbarao, youth congress district president S Satish and others also participated in the programme.