- Elon Musk X Platform Set for Algorithm Overhaul; Details
- Delhi HC seeks Centre's reply on plea against notification imposing restrictions on women for change of surname
- Telangana Food Lab Confirms Contaminated Chocolate
- 'Phir Aayi Hasseen Dillruba': Kanika Dhillon unmasks the real Dinesh Pandit
- New investments in semiconductor chips will remain in Asia but moving away from China: Moody's Analytics
- IndiaTech partners T9L to launch early-stage incubation programme for startups
- K’taka CM accepts controversial caste census report ahead of Lok Sabha elections
- Cabinet approves Rs 150 crore to set up global big cat alliance
- X App Audio and Video Calling Functionality Explained
- 12-member panel to supervise inventory of Ratna Bhandar
Rally to spread awareness on clubfoot deformity held in Tirupati
The Orthopaedics Department of Ruia Hospital and Cure International India Trust have jointly organised the World Clubfoot Day programme here on Monday.
Tirupati: The Orthopaedics Department of Ruia Hospital and Cure International India Trust have jointly organised the World Clubfoot Day programme here on Monday.
Clubfoot is a deformity of the foot seen in children by birth, which is treatable if diagnosed early, and children can have normal life, said Head of Orthopaedics Department Dr S Srinivasa Reddy.
But, the deformity was still seen in children due to lack of awareness and proper guidance and if neglected, the child would have a lifetime disability, he warned.
On the occasion, a rally was organised to spread awareness among public, which was attended by faculty of Orthopaedics department, CSRMO Dr AR Reddy, RMO Dr U Srihari, medical and nursing students of SV Medical College.
The rally was followed by a meeting in which a lecture was delivered by Dr R Venkat on clubfoot treatment and performance report. Prof of Paediatrics Dr Tirupati Reddy and Dr Pradeep have emphasised on the early diagnosis and treatment of clubfoot.
In-charge of CURE India for AP and Telangana, Surekha talked about the functioning of the organisation, activities and their role in elimination of the deformity.