- MyVoice: Views of our readers 4th March 2024
- Sun scorching Telugu States from March 1
- Cong cheating people with its 6 guarantees: Bandi
- Dr Chappidi promoted as Joint Director
- ‘Pachana Kavithalu’ book released
- 6th meeting held of AP Higher Education Planning Board
- Police told to ensure free & fair polling
- Govt targets to administer polio drops to 53.36 Lakh children
- Modi donates Rs 2,000 as 'party fund' to BJP
- Modi's blitzkrieg ahead of LS polls
Sistu Rames new president for Srikakulam Bar Association
Senior advocate Sistu Rames has been elected as president for Srikakulam District Court Bar Association.
Srikakulam: Senior advocate Sistu Rames has been elected as president for Srikakulam District Court Bar Association. Polling for elections was held on Friday at district court complex premises and counting was completed in the evening. Rames won on K Sesagiri Rao.
Previously Rames served as Srikakulam District Ccourt Bar Association president for four times from 2003 to 2006. Total votes are 520, of them 456 polled and one vote treated as invalid. The other office bearers include: G Rada Rani (vice-president), , G SriKrishna Prasad (general secretary), Y Prasanna Kumar (joint secretary) and A Laxminarayana (library secretary). For three posts candidates were elected unanimously and they are T Laxman as treasurer, S Srinivasa Rao as sports and cultural secretary and J Anitha as lady representative.
Senior advocate, T Ramakrishna acted as election officer. Other senior advocates, V Krishnachand, K Nagabhushan Rao, PV Ramana Dayal acted as election officers. Advocates, P Damodar Rao, K Rambabu Naidu, P Rama Rao and others acted as election staff.