- Actor Dibyendu Bhattacharya opens up about challenges of playing smaller roles
- Aayush Sharma’s ‘Ruslaan’ teaser sparks excitement
- New song from Sidharth, Rashii’s ‘Yodha’ is all about love
- Emily Blunt embraces 41 with happiness and peace
- Vision Pro Owners Encounter Mysterious Cracks on Front Glass
- Anil Kapoor takes a trip down memory lane; remembers ‘Eeshwar’ on its 35th Anniversary
- NEWS ART FEST (North, East, West, South Art Fest) 2024, a spectacular Contemporary Art Festival that took place from February 17th to March 7th, 2024
- ‘Article 370’ rakes in over Rs 5 cr, Vidyut’s ‘Crakk’ mints Rs 4 cr on Day 1
- Controversy erupts over Chief Engineer, Kerala Minister's staff 'fight' in secretariat
- Delhi HC rules in favour of construction workers' benefits, wants unpaid contributions adjusted
Srikakulam: Jyotirao Phule’s fight for BC cause lauded
Representatives of political parties, leaders and officials pay tributes on his death anniversary
Srikakulam: Mahatma Jyotirao Phule is crusader for backward classes movement, said leaders of ruling YSRCP and opposition TDP and representatives of various unions. Phule death anniversary was observed across the district on Tuesday.
At collectorate, district collector Srikesh B Lathakar and other officials garlanded the portrait of Phule. Ruling YSRCP and opposition TDP leaders marked the event at their party offices along with and recalled services and sacrifices of Phule for improvement of lives of weaker sections.
National BC Association leaders and members garlanded the statue of Phule on the occasion of his death anniversary and lauded his remarkable services to weaker sections.
At Srikakulam district bar association, advocates recalled the services of Phule for the development of poor people 100 years ago. At Sompeta, BC union leaders B Dhilli Rao and others inaugurated the Phule park on the occasion.