- ‘Inti No 13’ review: Distinctive narrative approach
- Delhi excise policy matter: Court permits YSRCP MP's son Raghav Magunta to turn approver in CBI's case
- SAFF U16 Women’s C'ship: Anushka Kumari nets hat-trick as India thrash Bhutan 7-0
- India expresses deep shock at the loss of lives in northern Gaza
- TN Deepika participates in Gadapa Gadapaku Mana Prabhutvam in Hindupur
- TDP reviews on arrangements for Shankaravam in Kuppam
- GVL Narsimha Rao congratulates National Bodybuilding competition winner in Visakhapatnam
- Yarlagadda Venkata Rao participate in a discussion forum in AB Convention hall in Gannavaram
- Bengaluru Cafe Rocked By Bomb Blast: Investigation Underway
- Two BJP Workers Arrested In Tamil Nadu Extortion Case Linked To Dharmapuram Adheenam
TDP Women wing throngs to AP Women Commission office, tension erupts
The Telugu Desam Party women wing has stormed to Andhra Pradesh Women's Commission office in Mangalagiri on Wednesday, which created a tense atmosphere there.
The Telugu Desam Party women wing has stormed to Andhra Pradesh Women's Commission office in Mangalagiri on Wednesday, which created a tense atmosphere there. However, hundreds of policemen already deployed there prevented Telugu Desam Party women leaders from entering the office.
With this, Telugu women staged a protest at the commission office under the auspices of TDP women state president Vangalapudi Anita.
The family members of the Vijayawada rape victim took part in it.
She questioned on how many of the incidents did government acted tough. The women said they had the right to complain to the commission. She questioned over the negligence in the rape case at the hospital.
It is learned that TDP chief Chandrababu and senior party leader Bonda Uma were issued notices by Women's Commission chairperson Vasireddy Padma for insulting her in the Vijayawada government hospital. They are due to appear in court today.
However, TDP clarified that the Women's Commission does not have the power to issue notices while former TDP MLA Bonda Uma, on the other hand, said he was not going to trial.