- Airlines' profits on the rise but high interest rates playing spoilsport: IATA
- Delhi Minister Bhardwaj alleges approvals bypassed in IFC department
- Amit Shah to inaugurate steel plant in Maoist-infested Gadchiroli on Dec 9
- Soil is climate superstar, says Sadhguru at COP28
- Nehru committed 2 mistakes which made Kahsmir suffer for years: Shah
- Chinese scientists develop novel gene editing jab to 'reverse' autism
- Actor Arvind Krishna shines at the International 3BL Basketball league
- Ruckus in Bengal assembly as BJP stages walkout over closed tea gardens
- 30-year old worker plunges to death from Thane Metro bridge
- Public sector banks wrote off loans worth Rs 3.66 lakh crore in last three fiscal years
Upset over lover's death, Chittoor girl commits suicide in Chennai
The tragic incident was reported in Chennai where a girl aged 20 has committed suicide.
The tragic incident was reported in Chennai where a girl aged 20 has committed suicide. Going into details, M Sujatha (20) is a college student from Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh and her cousin Silamberson (24) have been in love for years and also wanted to get married.
However, the girl's relatives did not agree to their marriage. Offended, Silamberson died at his residence in Chittoor on February 22. His death struck Sujata who went into severe distress.
In the meanwhile, her parents sent her to a relative's house in Chennai hoping that she could get peace of mind. However, the young woman, who could not digest the news that her boyfriend had died, stopped taking food and water. Her body became a little numb and she set herself on fire on Friday.
The victim's relatives heard her screams and rushed her to a government hospital where she breathed her last on Saturday. Locals were shocked to learn that she too had died within days after her boyfriend's death.