- Sharad Pawar Appoints Supriya Sule and Ajit Pawar as NCP working presidents
- 10.27 kg gold seized in Nellore and Hyderabad districts, one arrested
- Hyderabad: KTR stresses on Reduce, Recycle, Reuse mantra
- National children’s day, history, significance and quotes
- Hyderabad boy loses Rs 36 lakh on mobile games
- WTC Final: Rahane can prolong his Test career by couple of years after gutsy knock, feels Ponting
- KGF distributors KRG Studios gets rights to Adipurush in Karnataka
- TDP leaders were stopped from going to the Polavaram project and arrested
- 9 killed in Mogadishu hotel attack
- Microsoft launches voice chat feature to AI-powered Bing Chat
Vizianagaram: TDP extends support to Maithan workers
Tension prevailed at Growth centre on Tuesday as the TDP leader Baby Naina staged a dharna with Maithan workers.
Bobbili (Vizianagaram): Tension prevailed at Growth centre on Tuesday as the TDP leader Baby Naina staged a dharna with Maithan workers.
Around 200 local workers lost their jobs as the management preferred the technicians from other states like Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
The workers have been staging protests for their jobs. On Tuesday, Baby Naina, in-charge of Bobbili Assembly constituency, took part in dharna and extended his support.
The government has made a policy to give 75 per cent of jobs to locals, but the company is violating the mandatory norms and taking their decisions.
He said that he would intensify the fight till the workers get their jobs.