- Terrorist associate arrested in J&K's Sopore
- IVPL: Munaf Patel shines as Chhattisgarh Warriors thrash Rajasthan Legends by 7 wickets
- Most firms globally reported 55% or more of legacy tech debt in 2023
- 'No papers shared, no blame to share’, Delhi L-G slams Kejriwal over water scheme
- Zaheer Khan was someone I used to watch a lot to try and learn from, says James Anderson
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- MWC 2024: MediaTek Unveils Groundbreaking AI Capabilities
- Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg meets key Samsung, LG officials
- Varun Tej feels ‘Operation Valentine,’ a tale of passion, patriotism, and new horizons
- Development projects worth thousands of crores sanctioned for TN in last 10 years: PM Modi
YSRCP MLAs compete for ministerial berths
After YSR Congress party won all 10 assembly and two MP seats with thumping majority in Kadapa district, party MLAs are keen on securing ministerial berth in Jaganmohan Reddy cabinet.
Kadapa: After YSR Congress party won all 10 assembly and two MP seats with thumping majority in Kadapa district, party MLAs are keen on securing ministerial berth in Jaganmohan Reddy cabinet.
Among them, Mydukuru MLA Setty Palli Raghu Rami Reddy, Rayachoti MLA Gadikota Srikanth Reddy and minority leader SK Amzadh Basha are making efforts to become ministers.
According to the sources S Raghu Rami Reddy has more chances of becoming minister as he is most senior leader and won the polls in 2014 and 2019, from Mydukuru. He defeated Putta Sudhakar Yadav (TDP) with about 11,000 majority in 2014, and 24,000 majority in the present elections. During the recent meeting, he urged party chief Jaganmohan Reddy to facilitate him minister post.
It may be recalled that S.Rghu Rami Reddy had won on TDP ticket from Mydukuru constituency by defeating DL Ravindra Reddy in 1985, 1994, 1999 elections. After the demise of Rajasekhar Reddy, he joined in YSRCP.
Gadikota Srikanth Reddy, another senior leader, represented from Rayachoti assembly segment in 2014, 2019 elections and is making efforts for securing ministerial berth. Srikanth Reddy who was close associate of Rajasekhar Reddy contested from Rayachoti assembly segment on Congress ticket and won the election in 2004 and 2009.
Another MLA SK Amjadh Basha who was the only leader represented from Muslim minority community won the election from Kadapa constituency for two times in 2014, 2019 on YSRCP ticket.