- Madras HC allows convict to argue on his own through video conference
- NMD Feroze flays Nandyal MLA
- Tendulkar’s Kashmir visit to boost local crafts, bat industry
- Shahid Kapoor's Heartwarming Encounter with Kareena Kapoor During Pregnancy
- TCS CEO on work-from-office benefits
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross Rs 21,030cr Capex target for 2023-24
- Sandeshkhali crisis: NCST seeks report from Bengal CS and DGP
- Babu Surety-Bhavishyat ki Guarantee Program to be held today in Orvakal
- Higher secondary exams begin in violence-hit Manipur
- Zee shares 10% fall amidst SEBI irregularity report
Iconic brand Birkenstock forays into India
Travelling for Christmas and New Year's Eve? Don’t forget to pack a pair of sandals that can see you through all the walking
The world's favourite sandal just made an entry into the Indian market in time. If you don't have a pair of sandals that you can throw into your suitcases for the holidays, then head to Birkenstock for the perfect pair.
The German shoe manufacturer of the iconic sandals with the famous footbed opened its first mono-brand store in the Capital.
The high-quality products now presents itself to Indian consumers as a premium lifestyle brand synonymous with quality, function, and overall well-being for the first time.
As part of its international growth strategy, the family-owned company with a rich tradition is now expanding its global footprint to India.
A number of mono-brand retail stores are planned to open in an international premium brand environment in the country's top shopping locations. The first opening in Delhi will start the ball rolling in early 2020.
Also, visitors can gain an overview of the company's comprehensive range of classic sandals for men, women and children and closed shoes, as well as the feminine models from the Papillio range with their online partners.
"It's precisely the right time for us to enter the Indian market. A booming, brand-compatible retail environment meets a strong consumer demand for genuine quality.
We expect India to become one of the five most important markets for BIRKENSTOCK within the next few years, since we offer the perfect products for the current spirit of the times and lifestyle in this country," says Oliver Reichert, CEO of the BIRKENSTOCK Group.