- Minister Jayaram all set to join TDP
- Career opportunities for students in Design Education
- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
Pilot project on hydrogen blending begins
New Delhi: Adani Total Gas Ltd, the city gas joint venture of billionaire Gautam Adani’s group and French energy giant Total Energies, has started...
New Delhi: Adani Total Gas Ltd, the city gas joint venture of billionaire Gautam Adani’s group and French energy giant Total Energies, has started blending green hydrogen in natural gas they sell to households for cooking purposes and industries as fuel in Ahmedabad. The percentage of green hydrogen, produced by splitting water using renewable electricity, to be blended in gas will gradually be increased to 8 per cent, the company said in a statement.
“As part of the project, ATGL will employ the latest technologies to blend green hydrogen (GH2) with natural gas for over 4,000 residential and commercial customers at Ahmedabad, Gujarat,” it said.
GH2 is produced using electrolysis of water with electricity generated by renewable energy. Hydrogen blending is less carbon intensive than burning gas but has the same heating capabilities.