- Salman Khan-hosted ‘Bigg Boss 17’ theme ‘Dil, Dimaag aur Dimaag’ decoded
- 'Roadies' contestant Joginder sleeps in Rhea gang's tent after listening to ghost stories
- Intermediate student suspicious death at Khammam
- Asian Games: Pan, Wang join the greats as China dominate the pool; bag 20 medals overall on Day 1
- NASA's OSIRIS-REx mission delivers 1st ever asteroid sample in US
- J&K tops in e-Governance Service Delivery
- 2 terror modules busted in J&K; 5 terrorists arrested
- CDS visits Karwar Naval Base, aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya
- Congress accuses govt of mismanaging economy across all sectors
- Man attacked in Delhi over Rs 3K debt dispute
Sandalwood actress Sanjjanaa gets bail
The Karnataka High Court on Friday granted bail to Sandalwood actress Sanjjanaa Galrani, who was arrested in connection with the Sandalwood Drug scandal. In recent days
Galrani was earlier denied bail by the High Court and had moved a fresh petition seeking grant of bail on medical grounds.
While on Friday, Justice Sreenivas Harish Kumar granted bail on conditions subject to execution of personal bond of Rs. 3,00,000 with two sureties. Also, the actress is directed to mark her attendance twice every month and to cooperate with the investigation and refrain from tampering with evidence. According to the reports, the instant bail order to be communicated to the Jail authorities and Galrani is expected to be released by this evening or by Saturday morning.
Ever since Ragini and Sanjjanaa were taken into the custody of Bengaluru Central Crime Branch (CCB), they have been applying for bail for nearly two months. However, their bail applications have been rejected on multiple occasions, but now Sanjjanaa managed to get bail on Friday. Ragini Dwivedi and Sanjjanaa Galrani have been arrested for allegedly procuring and consuming drugs at parties. They have been charged under various sections in the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act 1985.