- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
- ‘Inti No 13’ review: Distinctive narrative approach
- Delhi excise policy matter: Court permits YSRCP MP's son Raghav Magunta to turn approver in CBI's case
Shivanna Follows Father Dr. Rajkumar, Donates Eyes
Famous Sandalwood actor late Dr Rajkumar who was the heartthrob of millions of Kannada fans, had set a noble example by donating his eyes
Famous Sandalwood actor late Dr Rajkumar who was the heartthrob of millions of Kannada fans, had set a noble example by donating his eyes. He had given his consent to donate both eyes after his death.
He had given his consent in the year 1994 while he was inaugurating an eye bank which was established in the same year. Hence his aspiration was fulfilled after his demise. Many people had followed suit after the legendary actor passed away.
Now, we hear that his son Shivarajkumar is following the foot steps of his father.
Recently, a special function was held at Narayana Nethralaya to celebrate the winning of National Award of the movie "Akshi". The actor (Shivanna), who graced the occasion is said to have given his consent to donate his eyes and even signed the consent forms.
Besides, Shivanna also appealed to the fans and general public to donate their eyes. His father also had donated his eyes at Narayana Nethralaya before. This act of Shivarajkumar is being lauded widely by people all over the state.