- Chittoor: 71 pleas registered in Jaganannaku Chebudam
- Tirupati: Orientation programme held for newly-joined BTech students
- Tirumala: Religious fervour, gaiety mark Garuda Vahana Seva
- Vijayawada: Stress on sustainable transportation
- New Delhi: 'Stable government helped pass women's bill'
- North Hyderabad emerges as residential hub
- Rajamahendravaram: ACUB general body meeting tomorrow
- Rachapalem Chandrasekhar Reddy to receive Jashuva Sahitya Puraskaram
- Paderu : Tribals exhorted to preserve culture, traditions
- New Delhi: China denies visas to 3 Arunachal athletes
I dislike that people are celebrating at my cost: Vijay Deverakonda
Actress Parvathy is winning hearts of the netizens for slamming "Arjun Reddy" in front of its lead actor Vijay Deverakonda, who is clearly not enjoying that people are "celebrating" at his cost.
Panaji: Actress Parvathy is winning hearts of the netizens for slamming "Arjun Reddy" in front of its lead actor Vijay Deverakonda, who is clearly not enjoying that people are "celebrating" at his cost.
"I am very irritated right now. I can't keep it in and I want to take it out. If I will keep it in, it will become a tumour inside me," he said here on Wednesday during a session at the International Film Festival of India.
The irritation had a lot to do with netizens' reactions to a recent round table discussion with actors, including Parvathy and Vijay.
During the interview, Parvathy had said: "'Arjun Reddy' and 'Kabir Singh' had the visual grammar of glorification, 'Joker' did not. At no point did I look at the character Joaquin (Phoenix) played and think 'Arre yaar, I totally agree with you. You must kill everyone'."
She even said: "We can watch a tragedy and leave it there, without feeling inspired to follow it. Whereas if you're telling there is no passion in a relationship without slapping each other and I see the comments on YouTube where people are resonating and engaging with that, you can see, engaging with that in a massive, mob-like manner. Where you're inciting violence..."
Among various things, Vijay pointed out that it was possible for a couple to be in love but give each other "little hits and they completely understand and they're still in love".