- China agrees to rollover Pakistan’s $2 bn debt on existing terms
- Men can be victims of sexual assault too, observes Kerala High Court
- FM Sitharaman to launch Electronic Data Interchange facility for Customs stations in NE states
- DY Patil T20 Cup: Shikhar Dhawan and Dinesh Karthik's comebacks go in vain as DY Patil Blue lose by one run
- Six personalities named for Akademi Ratna, 92 for Sangeet Natak Akademi awards
- Thousands of devotees take part in 'Palkhi Yatra' at BAPS UAE temple
- Govt to launch 2nd auction of critical mineral blocks on Feb 29
- Amazon aggregator Thrasio files for bankruptcy in US
- Terrorist associate arrested in J&K's Sopore
- IVPL: Munaf Patel shines as Chhattisgarh Warriors thrash Rajasthan Legends by 7 wickets
Committee formed for International Day of Yoga
District in-charge minister ST Somashekar on Tuesday informed the media that a committee was being set up to oversee the success of the International Day of Yoga which will be led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Mysuru: District in-charge minister ST Somashekar on Tuesday informed the media that a committee was being set up to oversee the success of the International Day of Yoga which will be led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. A committee comprising MLAs, MPs and yoga exponents will oversee the event scheduled to be held on June 21.
The venue for the event has not been finalised yet. Union Minister for Parliamentary Affairs PralhadJoshi is expected to visit the city on May 30 and a decision will be taken after discussing with him, Somashekar said. Considering the importance of the event, the State government is leaving no stone unturned to ensure that the International Day of Yoga will be a memorable one. The programme will be telecast live all over the world. "This will definitely boost our city's popularity and encourage tourism." The minister said, "Yoga exponents from many districts are enthusiastic about taking part in the event. Once the venue is fixed,
the number of participants will be finalised." Mysuru-Kodagu BJP Member of Parliament Prathap Simha, MLAs L Nagendraand S A Ramadass, Mysuru Urban Development Authority Chairman H VRajeev and BJP city president T S Srivatsa were present at the press meet.