- Delhi court extends judicial custody of Manish Sisodia till Jan 10 in excise policy case
- SC recommends setting up of Truth & Reconciliation Commission to probe human rights violations in J&K
- Fielding coach Munish Bali praises ‘impact player’ Amanjot Kaur for all-round show in third T20I
- Chandrayaan-3, ChatGPT rule Google Search in India this year
- Cardiovascular disease remains leading cause of death globally: Study
- Constitutionally valid: Shah, Nadda welcome SC verdict on Article 370
- Lebanon closes public offices in solidarity with Gaza
- Lokesh calls CM as ‘Jagan Mosapu Reddy’
- Prakash Raj arrives at Yashoda hospital to meet KCR
- Auto driver attacks married woman with acid in Vizag
Karnataka rain fury: Landslip kills 3, schoolgirl untraced
Three labourers from Kerala were killed in a landslip in Dakshina Kannada as heavy rain pummelled most parts of Karnataka leaving behind a trail of destruction.
Bengaluru: Three labourers from Kerala were killed in a landslip in Dakshina Kannada as heavy rain pummelled most parts of Karnataka leaving behind a trail of destruction.
Meanwhile, the search continued for the first standard schoolgirl, who was washed away in the floods while returning home in Thogarihankal Gram Panchayat limits in Chikkamagalur district last week.' She was accompanied by her elder brother and friends. Meanwhile, the major rivers in the State have reached dangerous levels. Heavy downpour in the Cauvery catchment area has sent the authorities of Kodagu district in a tizzy. As the Cauvery river is in spate, cities and towns around it are fearing floods.
Kodagu district has experienced repeated mild earth tremors in the recent past and people are also fearing major landslides.
In north Karnataka region, Veda Ganga, Doodh Ganga, Krishna, Malaprabha rivers in Belagavi and surrounding region have seen rise in the water levels.
Heavy rains and roaring water have brought the waterfalls in Jog, Maragodu, Satoddi, Unchalli, Shivaganaga, Nagaramudi and Vibhooti to life.
Due to the landslide in Mukkuda near Panjikallu village in Bantwal taluk of Dakshina Kannada district three laborers from Kerala lost their lives. The deceased are identified as Biju (45) from Palakkad, Santhosh (46) from Alappuzha, Babu (46) from Kottayam. Jhonny (44) from Kannur has been rescued. The laborers who worked in rubber plantations, got buried under a pile of mud as a hill collapsed on their shed where they resided.
The rains continued to batter Dakshina Kannada, Uttara Kannada, Kodagu, Belagavi, Hubballi, Shivamogga, Chikkamagaluru and other districts of the state.