- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
For a good cause: Sandhya Raju Raises COVID19 Hardship Fund to Aid Kuchipudi Guru's facing financial adversities
To aid financial hardships faced by the Kuchipudi art Guru’s, and their school’s revenue streams which have dried up globally due to COVID19, Sandhya Raju
Hyderabad: To aid financial hardships faced by the Kuchipudi art Guru's, and their school's revenue streams which have dried up globally due to COVID19, Sandhya Raju, a Hyderabad based, popular exponent of Kuchipudi dance has found novel idea to raise funds, by conducting Pramanu Pranavakaram' an exclusive online Kuchipudi Dance workshop.
Funds raised from 'Pramanu Pranavakaram' online Kuchipudi workshop will be handed over to Lopamudra Charitable Trust and aimed to support Kuchipudi Classical Dance Gurus in smaller towns and villages in the Telugu region, who have been hit by want of regular classes thereby facing economic adversities.
Sandhya Raju's Kuchipudi exclusive workshop which will be conducted on Sunday, June 14th, is for amateurs, as well as professionals, is a sell-out already, with dancers from across the world from the USA, UK, UAE, Malaysia, India, Australia, and South Africa joining the class to support the cause.
This is Sandhya Raju's exclusive online workshop effort as part of her contribution to supporting her community, with more measures being explored to care for those who are at significant financial risk during this crisis.
"I felt a great responsibility on my shoulders to ensure the guardians and custodians of my art form Kuchipudi never lose faith in their art and the community that keeps it alive, "says Sandhya Raju, a disciple of Padma Bhushan Guru Vempati Chinna Satyam and Kishore Mosalikanti, is well known for her unique Kuchipudi dance style"
"It is a matter of pride and honour to be able to inspire hundreds of dancers from across the entire globe to rise to the occasion and together help the Kuchipudi Gurus in the small villages and towns of Telugu region" adds Sandhya, founder, Nishrinkala Dance Academy.
Artist Sandhya epitomizes the 'pure' style of Kuchipudi as developed by the maestro dance director Shri. Vempati Pedda Satyam in the 1940s and perhaps more so by his illustrious younger brother Padma Bhushan Vempati Chinna Satyam.
For anyone willing to contribute or need of financial aid can contact Bhavana Pedaprolu 9052883255