- Business rivalry angle also being probed in B’luru cafe blast case: K’taka Home Min
- Five-time World Champion Pramod Bhagat receives a hero’s welcome at home
- 'Gambhir isn't in fray of getting ticket for Lok Sabha elections', social media's brutal attack on ex-opener
- Cricket Australia CEO Hockley denies reports of ignoring study on saving Test cricket
- Mahagathbandhan has fallen like a house of cards: Giriraj Singh
- Tackling phobias to anxiety: Experts reveal 5 health benefits of VR headsets
- K’taka CM Siddaramaiah visits cafe blast victims in hospital, blames NIA, IB for intel failure
- Chef VH Suresh- Corporate Executive Chef - Platform 65
- Khammam: Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka launches zero power billing
- Elevate Your Home’s Ambiance with These 6 Enchanting Decor Plants
Ways to have a supportive relationship
When you validate your husband in a public way, it doesn’t need to be a grand gesture. Next time you are on the phone with a friend and speaking about your spouse, make a point when your husband is listening to brag on how great, strong and competent you think he is. When his weaknesses are rising to the surface, what you say about him is just as important as what you say to him, so make sure whatever you are saying is positive
Seek out opportunities to show him how much faith you have in him
When men are struggling, they often experience feelings of not being manly enough, strong enough or capable enough to conquer their current challenge.
As a woman, your natural instinct is to help carry the weight. While your spouse does need to know he has a reliable partner who isn't afraid of rolling up her sleeves from time to time, he also needs to believe you have faith in his ability to deal with adversity.
Before you decide he needs your help and that you should take over, take a step back; let him know you have his back and that you know he is stronger than the circumstances that are trying to bring him down.
Search for moments to praise him publicly
When you validate your husband in a public way, it doesn't need to be a grand gesture. Next time you are on the phone with a friend and speaking about your spouse, make a point when your husband is listening to brag on how great, strong and competent you think he is.
When his weaknesses are rising to the surface, what you say about him is just as important as what you say to him, so make sure whatever you are saying is positive.
Trust him enough to give him space
When your spouse is struggling, you might notice he seems to withdraw, or shift focus for a time.
Trust him enough to give him space. Even though you may want to know every detail of what is occurring, resist the urge to get heavily involved in his challenges when he makes it clear he needs to work them out on his own.
Make sure you are respectful of him
It has been said that a woman needs love out of a relationship, but a man needs respect. As a woman, you probably know that the times you act most unlovable are usually when you most need to feel loved and supported.
Sometimes your husband will act out and become disagreeable, which might be an indication that he is not feeling respected. This also might be a good time for you to remind him of why you look up to him so much.