"How the Wildlife tourism is growing in India and to what is the percentage of Indian visitors"
Interview Mr. Manjunath Gowda, CEO of WildTrails
- How the Wildlife tourism is growing in India and to what is the percentage of Indian visitors?
Due to growth of experiential travel in India, due to dissemination of information about wildlife via social media, Wildlife tourism is growing big in India. It has been estimated that around at 20% growth for domestic travellers and around 30% for outbound. There is also a big growth in number of overseas visitors coming to India specifically for Wildlife
- How WildTrails is focusing wildlife adventures with the help of Sightings data analytics
The biggest issue today that bothers Wildlifers is the knowledge of what to see where and how the sightings happening over there. So far it was always hearsay but now WildTrails brings the sightings info updates across most popular parks & tiger reserves in India helping wildlifers pick the right park, right zone depending on the time frame and the animal/bird they want to see maximizing the sighting chances.
- What are the unique initiatives were undertaken by WildTrails in travel industry? - How AI technology is helping enthusiasts and wildlife photographers get the best shots?
We are the first & the only one to bring a platform play into Wildlife Tourism – more like Swiggy of Wildlife Tourism. We are also the first and only one to bring sightings data to travellers brining latest technologies like Data Analytics, Machine Learning and AI into wildlife tourism helping wildlifers find the right park, right zone for a given time frame and the animal/bird they want to see maximizing the sighting chances. No AI won't help them to take the best shot as that depends on their equipment and talent but what it does is tells the right place to go, right time to go and right zone to go to take that best shot. Assume you want to see tiger in April of 2019, where should you go? Tadoba or Kabini or Ranthambore or a lesser known park? WildTrails comes to help here
- What are the challenges facing wildlife travellers in India ?
Biggest issue today (which is being Solved by WildTrails) is where are the parks & what do I get to see and how are the sightings happenings over there now or historically and can we predict the sightings say in the near future using past data? This is a global issue and not just in India and this is precisely what we are solving using latest technologies.
- India signals to boycott China's Belt and Road Forum for 2nd time
- Commercial complex under-construction collapses
- CRPF not to celebrate Holi in the wake of Pulwama attack
- Illegal quarry-blasting triggers fire in Bellahalli garbage dump
- PM Narendra Modi should stop thinking people are fools, they see through everything: Priyanka Gandhi